We Rock the Spectrum Gym for All Kids
“Mom, we HAVE to go back. TOMORROW!” my daughters insisted as we walked away from our first visit at “We Rock the Spectrum”. That’s a review they save for only the very best spots, so I knew they had instantly fallen in love with this unique and special space!
“We Rock The Spectrum” is a kids’ gym and indoor play area designed to offer a safe and inclusive space for play, exploration and sensory experiences, for neurodivergent and neurotypical children. Maria, the owner of WRTS Edmonton, and a mom of 3, told me that while the new facility has been well supported by families with children who are on the autism spectrum, that she wants to make sure the community knows that it’s an inclusive place that welcomes all children and families!
What you’ll find here:
- A double zipline with plush pillows underneath
- A swing area with a huge variety of options that swing, glide and spin
- Climbing wall with plush pillows underneath
- A variety of other climbers, including a rope web and a climbing dome
- Imagination play area with dress-up clothing, a grocery store, a pet care area, a pizza kitchen and more!
- Baby and toddler zone
- Obstacle course features like balance beams, hopping stones and monkey bars
- Projected interactive games that involve hopping, racing and challenges
- Arts and Crafts area
- Toy area with animal toys, trains and more
- Reading nooks for both kids and adults
- Calming room with dim lighting, a bubble tube, sensory tiles, weighted stuffed animals, soft surfaces and more
- Roller slide
- Bouncy, trampoline-like tubes
- A large private room for Birthday parties or private events
- and much more! Scroll down for our video tour!
We Rock The Spectrum Edmonton:
- About: Edmonton is the second WRTS location in Canada – and the largest WRTS facility in the world! (It’s 10,000 square feet of FUN!) The owners are a lovely and welcoming family and they’ve put their hearts and souls into building the facility and are so excited to share it with our community. They live the message written on their wall: “Finally a place where you never have to say ‘I’m sorry'”.
- Were: 4152 – 99 Street, Edmonton
- Who: All kids are welcome!
- When: Always double check Instagram or Google for hours, as the facility occasionally closes for private parties.
- More info: HERE
Our visit to WRTS was hosted and we thank the owners for their generosity!