Unique and Rare Playground Equipment in Edmonton
Looking for the Best Playgrounds in Edmonton? Sometimes it comes down to the features! We’ve rounded up 10 of our favourite pieces of Unique and Rare Playground Equipment in Edmonton… and the exact Edmonton Playgrounds where these pieces can be found!
1. Skateboard Swing
- Grab the handles and jump onto the hovering “skateboard” for a swing experience like no other!
- Find it at: Granville Park at Kim Hung School, 1950 Glastonbury Blvd NW, Edmonton
2. Victory Wall
- Not only is this piece of equipment rare in our city – it’s rare in the country! This is the first full-size Victory Wall in Western Canada!
- Find it at: Parkview School, 14313 – 92 Avenue, Edmonton
3. Hanging Sensory Panels
- Climb them, race through them, spin around them – there are so many ways to play with the Hanging Sensory Panels!
- Find it at: St. Angela School, 13430 – 132 a Street, Edmonton
4. Rope Bottom Merry-Go-Round
- An umbrella spinner on top and a giant rope on the bottom! This is one of the coolest merry-go-rounds we’ve found!
- Find it at: St. Pius X School, 12213 – 128 Street, Edmonton
5. Giant Rope Glider
- An awesome feature to use by yourself or with a group! See just how fast you can get the rope going!
- Find it at: Rondeau Park, Rondeau Drive, St. Albert -AND- Dermott District Park, 8648 – 81 Street, Edmonton
6. Human Hamster Wheel
- Jump in, hang on and take a spin! Yes, it really does go all the way around!
- Find it at: Westridge Wolf Willow Playground, 505 Wolf Willow Road, Edmonton
7. Mega Rope Climber
- Climb and climb and climb forever – but also slide down the black rubber panel or even use the rope as monkey bars! So many options at this largest rope climber in the city!
- Find it at: Maple Playground, Maple Road & 8 Street NW, Edmonton
8. Cable-track Zipline
- No zipline is more fun than a cable-track zipline! It all comes down to the fact that these ziplines hang off a wire, rather than sitting in a fixed metal track. They are longer, bouncier and ultimately MORE FUN!
- Find it at: James Mowat School, 9625 – 82 Street, Fort Saskatchewan -AND- Andy’s Playground, 54320 Range Road 231, Fort Saskatchewan
9. Double Arm Sliders
- How’s this for a playground challenge? Hang off the two handles and try to slide your way across parallel bars! Ninja Warrior competitions, here you come!
- Find it at: Hodgson Park, 503 Hodgson Road NW, Edmonton
10. Zipline Spinner
- Grab a friend or two, hook onto one of these spinning platters, run around to get it up to speed and then hop aboard! Fun for all ages!
- Find it at: Highlands School, 6015 – 118 Avenue, Edmonton -AND- Shauna May Seneca School, 2130 Wonnacott Way SW, Edmonton -AND- Svend Hansen School, 2130 – 16 Avenue, Edmonton
Don’t let the fun stop here! Check out our list of Hidden Gem Edmonton Spray Parks to find some of the best tucked away spray parks in Edmonton!