Tipton Park (Gyro Park 3)

This isn’t just a playground, it’s a history lesson! Tipton Park, a.k.a. Gyro Park #3, was the third playground built in Edmonton.

According to signage in the park, the local Gyro Club built and operated Edmonton’s first playgrounds. Patricia Park (now Giovanni Caboto Park) opened in 1922. Kitchener Park opened in Oliver soon after. Tipton Park became Gyro Park #3 in 1924 – and the first playground south of the river!

Today the playground offers limited equipment but retro fun! There are classic wooden teeter-totters (very rare!), 2 sets of monkey bars and a climbing arch, a classic slide, and a tire swing. There are big beautiful trees in the park for shade and some benches and picnic tables too. (including a covered picnic shelter.)

Address

10849 – 81 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta

Features

Baby Swings: no
Standard Swing: no
Baby/Parent Swing: no
2 person Swing: no
Saucer Swing: Yes – Tire swing
Accessible Swing: no
Digger: no
Music Features: no
Zipline: no
Zipline Spinner: no
Accessible Features: no

Ground Cover

Rubber: no
Sand: Yes
Turf: no
Wood Chips: no

Amenities

School: no
Washrooms: no
Splash Park: no
Dinosaurs the Exhibition is the feature at TELUS World of Science Edmonton

Sign Up for the Edmonton Playgrounds Newsletter

Be the first to find out about new playgrounds, special offers and more!

Scroll to Top