Kerry Wood Nature Centre
It’s a bit off the beaten path, but worth the trip to check out the amazing nature playground at Red Deer’s Kerry Wood Nature Centre! We were searching for a bathroom when we discovered this unique play area and ended up spending more than an hour playing! Officially called “Imagination Grove” and “Harmony Garden”, this outdoor classroom and play area features outstanding equipment and a beautiful collection of musical instruments.
Our favourite features were definitely the water pump, the vast music area and all the climbing equipment! The girls jumped and ran and balanced and had so much fun! We plan to return for some nature exploration on the Waskasoo Park Trail system – in summer and winter! I understand the Centre offers showshoe rentals too.
The on-site interpretive centre has indoor bathrooms, and though we didn’t explore the indoor part of the facility, I don’t believe there is a cost to do so. The Centre offers some specialized programming, and the facility can be rented, including for Birthday Parties! A small nature shop is also located inside. The Nature Centre is located along the Red Deer River, and is a starting point for visitors to the Waskasoo Park Trail System.
- Wooden climber with big green slide
- Water pump play area
- Music area with xylophones, drums, chimes and more
- Wooden playhouse
- Outdoor classroom with chalkboard
- Wide tightropes
- Tons of rocks, logs and trees for play and climbing
- and more! Scroll down to see our Video Tour!
Kerry Wood Nature Centre:
- WHERE: 6300 – 45 Avenue, Red Deer, Alberta
- WHEN: Summer Hours – 10am-8pm daily; Winter hours – 10am-5pm daily; Holidays – opening time is 1pm
- MORE INFO: on Kerry Wood Nature Centre HERE
Road tripping? We think you might also like to stop in Sylvan Lake at THIS amazing, space-aged playground!