Hidden Gem Edmonton Spray Parks
All summer, I get a LOT of questions about spray parks. Which are the BEST Edmonton Spray Parks? Which Edmonton Spray Parks aren’t connected to playgrounds with sand? (Check our MAP page for that one!) Which Edmonton Spray Parks have a lot of shade? We’ve rounded up 12 of the BEST Hidden Gem Edmonton Spray Parks with lots of shade! These are our favourites – which would you add to our list?
1. Rio Terrace
- 15504 – 76 Avenue, Edmonton
- Misting bugs spray down on this small but delightful spray park that sits under a canopy of mature trees! There is also a large picnic shelter at this spray park, and seasonal porta potties are usually on site.
- 7535 – 112 Street, Edmonton
- One of the sweetest little spray parks with a gorgeous blue-based splash pad. There are two older-but-still-awesome sand-based playgrounds here that are well shaded. There is also a large picnic shelter.
- 12130 – 134b Avenue, Edmonton
- A lovely little spray pad that sits along side one of Edmonton’s best classic wooden playgrounds! There are benches and picnic tables all around too!
- 9411 Holyrood Road, Edmonton
- Bright colours and spinning flowers set alongside big trees. The spray park is set slightly away from the main playground. There are plenty of picnic tables and benches in the area too.
5. Zoie Gardner
- 12710 – 70 Street, Edmonton
- Tigers and snakes and monkeys, oh my! The menagerie at Zoie Gardner Spray Park is as adorable as it is fun! This spray park is set along an older, sand-based playground. There are benches, picnic tables and a small picnic shelter on-site too.
6. Mary Finlay
- 10150 – 80 Street, Edmonton
- A rubber-based spray park set along a playground with entirely rubber base. The animals-theme is a lot of fun and the tree cover is great too! This spot also has a picnic shelter!
- 12840 – 109 Avenue, Edmonton
- An adorable little spray park surrounded by trees and another classic Edmonton wooden playground. This is a favourite summer spot of ours because there are a total of 4 playgrounds in walking distance, and Twice Cream ice cream is just steps away too! The building in the background has a water fountain, but does not have bathrooms.
- 10737 – 54 Street, Edmonton
- Spray parks don’t come cuter than this one, with it’s polka dot base and the musical bug mural that surrounds the park! We love the playground and the fitness park at this location too!
- 14405 – 85 Avenue, Edmonton
- The spinning maypole and the palm tree with tipping coconuts make this one a favourite of ours! Save this playground for a day when you’re open to messy play. The playground is sand-based and there is a sand/water play structure in which kids love to muck around!
- 7727 – 98 Street, Edmonton
- Bright polka dots, a misting rainbow and a canopy of gorgeous trees! The spray park in Ritchie is so inviting! There was a porta-potty on site for our last visit and a water fountain too!
- 11956 – 59 Street, Edmonton
- A castle turret, a court jester and, of course, a couple of dragons! Get the royal treatment at this outstanding little spray park – and play at the rubber-based playground that’s right next to it! There are lots of trees, picnic tables and benches in this lovely park.
12. Aspen Gardens
- 12015 – 39a Avenue, Edmonton
- This spray park is so simple, but so perfect on a hot day! It’s a collection of spraying leaves and ground sprayers, surrounded by benches, picnic tables, big trees and a classic wooden playground! This one had a porta-potty when we last visited.
Don’t let the fun stop here! Check out our Summer Must-Visit playground lists of all the best playgrounds in Edmonton! Choose from Summer 2023 Must-Visit Edmonton Playgrounds, Summer 2022 Must-Visit Edmonton Playgrounds and Summer 2021 Must-Visit Edmonton Playgrounds!