Edmonton’s Best Theme Playgrounds
Is there anything cooler than a really-well-done theme playground? We love them, and Edmonton has so many great examples! Here are the 10 that we think are Edmonton’s Best Theme Playgrounds. (plus a few bonuses too!)
- Rocketship Park – 122 Street & 112 Avenue
- Truly one of Edmonton’s best all-around playgrounds with a great variety for all ages! The dome climber pictured will challenge older kids, and the toddler area here is excellent too!
- Find more spaceships at: Aurora Playground, Kinsmen Grizzly Bear Lodge Playground, and the spray park at Woodcroft Park.
- Meadowview Dinosaur Park – Morris Avenue & Meadowview Gate in Leduc, Alberta
- Nearly every piece of equipment and accessory in this playground fits the dinosaur theme! This playground was built to commemorate the discovery of a hadrosaur fossil in 2013.
- Find more dinosaurs at: Westridge Wolf Willow Playground, Esther Starkman School and Belmead Park, to name just a few!
- Blackstone Playground – on Black Stone Blvd in Leduc, Alberta
- Arrrrr! Scallywags will love the change to play on the giant pirate ship and search for the sunken treasure at Blackstone Playground!
- Find more pirates: just up the road, at Leduc’s West Haven School!
- Rapperswill Playground – 17512 – 122 Street
- A two-story castle with a dragon that lives in the dungeon?!? Kids love the small but mighty Rapperswill castle playground!
- Find more castles at: Beaumont Spray Park, Saxony Glen Playground, and Christ the King School to name a few.
- Blatchford Tomato Park – Blatchford Road
- Play in and on the tomatoes and vines at Blatchford Tomato Park. We also love the bouncy leaves and the cute little flower pots to hop in!
- Play under the flowers at these parks: Rosenthal Park, Hollyrood Park, and Wolf Willow Park Playground.
- Hazeldean Park – 9630 – 66 Avenue
- So many playgrounds feature trains, but we think Hazeldean Park is the best of the best! Here you’ll find not just one, but TWO fabulous trains!
- Find more trains at: Dr. Margaret-Ann Armour School, Kitchener Park, Floden Park, and Ellerslie Crossing, among others!
- McConachie Playground – 221 McConachie Blvd.
- Like train parks, Edmonton is also home to a variety of plane parks! We love the cute little climbing plane at McConachie Playground!
- Find more planes at: Cy Becker Park, and Leduc Spray Park.
- You can also learn more about Edmonton’s aviation history HERE.
- Versailles Park – Versailles Avenue & Giroux Road, St. Albert, Alberta
- Versailles Park is not only home to a fire truck, but this playground has the fire station, a spring-rider ambulance, and even the fire pup!
- Find more fire trucks at: Florian Park, Hodson Park, and Rutherford School (with a fire bell that really rings!), to name just a few!
- Eaux Claires Playground – 16003 – 95 Street
- The city within our city! We love the fire truck, police station, bank and even jail at this cool little playground! There are even roads painted on the rubber base!
- From city slickers to country fun – we also love the farm-theme playgrounds at Ecole Notre Dame and Ardrossan Rec Centre.
- St. Brendan School – 9260 – 58 Street
- There are actually a ton of Edmonton playgrounds with really cool ships, but we think the one at St. Brendan School stands tall above the rest. Stop to read the story of St. Brendan when you visit this great playground!
- Find more ships at: Kensington Park, Broadmoor Lake Park, Castle Downs Park, and Sister Alphonse Academy!