Skip to content
Edmonton Fountains Your Kids Will Love!
1 – City Hall
- Where: City Hall, 1 Sir Winston Churchill Square
- What: The wading pool and fountain usually operate from 10am-9pm on warm weather days. Opening for the season May 27, 2023!
- Pair it with a playground: City Hall is just a couple blocks away from the excellent Boyle Street Neighbourhood Playspace!
2 – Violet King Henry Plaza (formerly Capital Plaza)
- Where: Above the Legislature Grounds, 99 Avenue & 108 Street.
- What: Ground fountains that kids will love running through! Opening date for 2023 not yet announced.
- Pair it with a playground: The plaza is just a couple of blocks away from the new (2022) playground at Holy Child Catholic School!
3 – Paul Kane Park
- Where: 103 Avenue & 121 Street
- What: A gorgeous marble fountain, titled “Sometimes, Always, Even” by Artist April Dean released a trickle of water that becomes a small river in which kids love to play!
- Pair it with a playground: Kitchener Park, with its excellent train, is an outstanding playground!
4 – Alex Decoteau Park
- Where: 105 Street and 102 Avenue
- What: Enjoy a small row of ground fountains! Alex Decoteau Park is also home to a small, fenced, off-leash dog park!
- Pair it with a playground: Keep heading north and you’ll reach Central McDougall, an older-but-still-awesome playground!
5 – Borden Park
- Where: Borden Park Road and 75 Street
- What: An above-ground fountain in which kids will love splashing their hands!
- Pair it with a playground: Borden Park is home to an exceptional playground too!
6 – The Convergence
- Where: 100 Avenue & 117 Street (east end of Victoria Promenade)
- What: “The Convergence” fountain by artist Tony Bloom.
- Pair it with a playground: Zip down the trails to Victoria Park and its small but adorable new (2022) playground!
7 – Alexander Circle Fountain
- Where: 103 Avenue & 133 Street
- What: A gorgeous fountain, not for wading in, but perfect for summer photo ops!
- Pair it with a playground: Head a couple blocks west to Glenora School playground and its super slides!
8 – Giovanni Caboto Park
- Where: 95 Street and 109 Avenue
- What: Another photo op fountain, not for wading, but there is also a playground with a spray park just steps away!
- Pair it with a playground: Giovanni Caboto Park is also home to a fantastic playground!
Looking for more cool spots around Edmonton to share with your kids? Check out our list of Edmonton Murals Your Kids Will Love!
Scroll to Top